- About Us
- Enquiry Service
- Wildlife Surveys
- SUBMIT BRECKS WILDLIFE RECORDS HERE
- NBIS Hedgehog Survey
- Norfolk Species Surveillance Network
- Our Wildlife Surveys
- Green Lanes Project
- Action Plans
- Species and Sites
*Please note that due to staff annual leave and changes due to maternity leave, there may be a delay in enquiry responses between February and April 2017. Thank you for your patience.*
NBIS can provide an environmental data search of any area in Norfolk. We hold data on protected sites, species and habitats, and offer a flexible service, providing the data you need in the format most useful for you. We are an ALERC accredited records centre, having demonstrated that we provide a good service to our data users and providers.
In order for us to complete your data search you will need to fill in a Data Request Form and email to email@example.com. Signing this form indicates that you agree to our Terms and Conditions. We will acknowledge your request, quote for the search and will aim to provide data within 5 working days of receiving your approval to go ahead.
|Single Site Citation||£30|
|Small||Single species search or 500m radius search||£75|
|Large||Includes a species search of over 5km radius||£240|
|Bulk Buy||Ten data searches purchased in advance||£960|
NBIS also requests that, wherever possible, any biological records collected by the enquirer during environmental surveys within Norfolk are supplied free of charge to NBIS. We understand that certain reports are confidential, but are in urgent need of recent data in order to maintain and improve our high quality datasets.
Any record you submit, once verified, will be integrated into the NBIS database and used as part of our day-to-day work. By submittng your record to us you are agreeing to it being used in this way and for us to act as custodian of that record. Please contact us if you require further details.
- For further information about the species and site data held by NBIS, please see our Metadata Statement.
- For more detailed information on the currency and resolution of records held by NBIS, broken down by taxonomic group, click here.
- For a summary list of datasets held by NBIS please click here. Please note that our data holdings are updated more frequently than this list.
USEFUL FORMS AND DOCUMENTATION
THE EAST OF ENGLAND REGIONAL STANDARD DATA ENQUIRY SERVICE
From 31st March 2011 the six* Local Environmental Records Centres in the East of England region will provide, as a minimum, an agreed Standard Data Enquiry Service to environmental consultants. This service was drawn up in consultation with consultants, the Local Environmental Records Centres and Natural England. For a summary of the Regional Standard Data Enquiry Service click here.
The data enquiry service offered by NBIS is slightly more comprehensive than the Regional Standard and details of it can be found on our Data Request Form.
* Bedfordshire & Luton Biological Recording and Monitoring Centre; Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Environmental Records Centre; Essex Wildlife Trust Records Centre; Hertfordshire Environmental Records Centre; Norfolk Biodiversity Information Service and Suffolk Biological Records Centre.